Today we have a makeup look for all of you. So this started when Carla came to me and asked how she could use this gorgeous eyeshadow colour from MAC. It was called Tilt and it is a beautiful dusty frosty blue with a sort of lilac reflex. So we decided that we would do a pictorial for you on this makeup look. This look would be great for a date night (maybe too full on for first date though), a girl’s night out or even a formal occasion such as prom.
– Using a flat shader brush push the Tilt colour across the eyelids
– Then grab a blending brush and blend out the harsh line in the crease and slightly wing out the eyeshadow in the direction of the end of your brow
– Using a darker blue colour (we used M.A.C. Flashtrack) on a flat shader brush place it on the outer ‘v’ or outer corner of the eyes
– Then blend way and wing out the eyeshadow in the same way as Tilt, when using darker colours is it important to make sure you aren’t creating ‘gaps’ in your eyeshadow, so you may need to go in and reapply and blend.
– Always my favourite step, draw a fairly thick line of eyeliner, it can be gel or liquid, whatever you prefer (we used Benefit Magic Ink) and draw a wing to meet the outside of the crease. The proper way to angle you eyeliner will change from person to person, If you have a slightly hooded lid (meaning that the fold of your crease will finish closer to the outer corner of your eye) you will need to create a straighter wing. As a general rule however follow the angle of your bottom lashes and wing the eyeliner as far as you like.
-With the darker blue colour we used to darken the outer ‘v’ on a small brush drag that as close to the bottom lashes as possible. Don’t put the colour all the way along the bottom as this will close off your eyes making them appear smaller, instead just apply the colour to the outer half of your bottom lashline.
– We also applied MAC Fascinating Kohl eye pencil to the bottom waterline. A white or skin-coloured eyeliner helps to open your eyes up and to knock out any redness that may have been there.
– We applied Benefit ‘They’re Real’ mascara to the top and bottom lashes and small corner lashes.
– For the rest of the face we used:
– Primer: Benefit POREfessional
– Foundation: Revlon Colorstay in 200 nude,
Powder: Face of Australia loose translucent powder
– Lips: MAC lustre lipstick in Naked Paris and then a Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Life’s a Peach
– Contour: NYX blush in Taupe
– Blush: Benefit Belle Bamba
AND THE FINISHED PRODUCT!
Thanks for reading! 🙂