I bought these over two years ago but I have recently fallen in love with them again! So what are they? drum roll please…….
They look like weird little spiral things but I swear by them. As I said before I have had these for over two years but I tried them again the other day with a friend and now I am obsessed all over again!
Why do I love them?
Where to start??? I have heavy dead straight hair that will only hold a curl for a couple of hours when I use a curling wand or a straightener but with these things I have a nice wave left the morning after. They are good value for money, unlike heat products that eventually break on you, I don’t think these will ever need replacing if you use them properly. They are faster than curling wands, at least for me because I have to fry my hair (it takes me about half an hour). My favourite part of these is there is only a little bit of heat damage and so I can comfortably do this every week without having to freak out.
How to use:
I’m just going to tell you how I use them because I have difficult to curl hair but if yours is easy to curl I would advise following the instructions on the packet. Oh and I use approximately 30 of these in the long and short spiral curls.
1. I start with freshly washed wet hair. (They advise just slightly damp hair)
2. I add the Tresemme Thermal Creations Volumising Mousse to the ends of my wet hair
3. Thoroughly brush through the hair and make sure there are no knots.
4. I then section my hair in two horizontally and pin the top out of the way. I then split and the bottom section and pull the hair to the front
5. I then grab a piece from the back about an inch wide (make sure it isn’t too big because it will tangle in the former and also will take longer to dry)
6. Put the curlformer on the stick thing, hook it on to your inch of hair and pull the former off the rod and around your hair. (Pictorial below)
7. Continue with this layer and then the top layer.
7. You will end up looking like a badly done Medusa Halloween costume but just go with it. I used to sleep on these but that was part of the reason I stopped using it, it was quite uncomfortable. Now I blast them with a hair dryer on a high heat for about 10 minutes making sure to get all those luscious plastic locks.
8. Pull out one of the back sections by straightening the former and then slowly pulling it off the hair. If it isn’t dry simply give it extra time.
9. Once you’ve pulled them all out, style as you wish! I love this curls just shaken out a little for everyday or pinned back in a low messy bun for a more elegant look
Here is a short picture demo
Where to buy:
I bought mine on ebay but I would recommend buying them off of their website as there are a lot of fakes around. However I have a packet of the fakes (bought by accident) and they are identical so if you want to save yourself money I would say go for it. The ones I use in the demo are the long spiral curls bought off ebay.
As usual please comment if you have any questions
Hope you enjoyed!